updated for Sunday 11/22/20-12/27/20
Note: The Governors recent announcement of tightened restrictions on social gatherings does not apply to churches. Churches have a separate set of guidelines that remain unchanged in this recent update. We aim to conduct our weekly in-person services in adherence to the VA Guidelines for Churches.
We will have a contactless indoor service at The Boys & Girls Club in Dumfries at 9am & 11am (Directions). We will broadcast the entire service at 11am with a high quality Live Stream that you can view at home.
Our guidelines will remain the same for Christmas Eve with the exception that we will not have any childcare for the services that evening. They will be shortened family-oriented services and we will Live Stream the service at 6pm.
After reading the Service Plan below, if you plan to attend the service in-person take a moment to fill out this form. We are asking those who attend to sign up so that we can maintain government recommended social distancing standards.
Childcare: We are providing Pillar Kids programming for children up to 3 years of age during both our 9am and 11am service. Participation in Pillar Kids is by sign up only via the Worship Service Sign Up Form on a first-come, first-served basis. You can read about our safety plan for Pillar Kids here.
: We will provide links via YouTube and FB Live on our online page at www.pillardumfries.com/online
. The Live Stream will start at 11 am and will connect you to everything going on in our in-person worship service.
In-Person: In adherence to VA guidelines for religious services we will be set up for a contactless indoor worship service at 9am & 11am in Stafford. We are excited to provide this opportunity to gather and look forward to a great day of worship together. Below you will find important information for how to participate and guidelines for maintaining a safe environment.
Here is the basic plan:
- The Welcome team will greet you as you arrive and remind you of important safety guidelines that are posted.
- The seating area will be arranged by household in spaces that are six feet apart.
- The bread and cup for the Lord’s Supper will be available in disposable, individually wrapped packets safely spaced on tables for you to pick up as you enter.
- The service will last approximately 55 minutes in order to limit the need for using the restrooms and to provide for a cleaning of the space previous to the second service.
- Restrooms will be provided for one person at a time if necessary with a sanitation station provided.
- Face coverings will be available for those who have not brought their own.
We will expect those attending to uphold the following Event Safety Guidelines:
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home or seek the care of your doctor.
- Maintain a six foot distance from those outside your household.
- If you have children, help them respect the guidelines and boundaries for others.
- Per VA guidelines we recommend you wear a face covering when inside public buildings or in close contact with others outside your household.
- No hugging, handshakes, or high-fives with those outside your household. We know you will be excited to see one another but please respect the contact guidelines.
Whether you choose to attend online or in-person we look forward to gathering with you and celebrating Christ together!
Serving Christ Together,
Pillar Church Elders