updated for Palm Sunday and Easter Sunday
We will have a contactless service at The Boys & Girls Club in Dumfries at 9am & 11am (Directions) on Palm Sunday and at Locust Shade Park at 11am on Easter Sunday. We will broadcast the entire service at 11am with a high quality Live Stream that you can view at home.
After reading the Service Plan below, if you plan to attend the service in-person on Palm Sunday or other Sundays this spring take a moment to fill out this form. We are asking those who attend to sign up so that we can maintain government recommended social distancing standards. We have a designated sign up form for our special outdoor Easter service here.
Childcare: We are providing Pillar Kids programming for children up to 3 years of age during all of our services. Participation in Pillar Kids is by sign up only via the Worship Service Sign Up Form on a first-come, first-served basis. You can read about our safety plan for Pillar Kids here.
: We will provide links via YouTube and FB Live on our online page at www.pillardumfries.com/online
. The Live Stream will start at 11 am and will connect you to everything going on in our in-person worship service.
In-Person: In adherence to VA guidelines for religious services we will be set up for a contactless worship service on Sundays this spring. We are excited to provide this opportunity to gather and look forward to a great day of worship together. Below you will find important information for how to participate and guidelines for maintaining a safe environment.
Here is the basic plan:
- The Welcome team will greet you as you arrive and remind you of important safety guidelines that are posted.
- The seating area will be arranged by household in spaces that are six feet apart.
- The bread and cup for the Lord’s Supper will be available in disposable, individually wrapped packets safely spaced on tables for you to pick up as you enter.
- The service will last approximately 55 minutes in order to limit the need for using the restrooms and to provide for a cleaning of the space previous to the second service.
- Restrooms will be provided for one person at a time if necessary with a sanitation station provided.
- Face coverings will be available for those who have not brought their own.
We will expect those attending to uphold the following Event Safety Guidelines:
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home or seek the care of your doctor.
- Maintain a six foot distance from those outside your household.
- If you have children, help them respect the guidelines and boundaries for others.
- Per VA guidelines we recommend you wear a face covering when inside public buildings or in close contact with others outside your household.
- No hugging, handshakes, or high-fives with those outside your household. We know you will be excited to see one another but please respect the contact guidelines.
Whether you choose to attend online or in-person we look forward to gathering with you and celebrating Christ together!
Serving Christ Together,
Pillar Church Elders