Hello Pillar Family!
I hope you are as excited as we are for Military Welcome Sunday! Learn how you can connect in prayer, service, and preparation in the update below.
How to Pray
1. Pray for Mauricio Prunera to be encouraged in the ministry of his church, Chemin Nouveau. Ask for God to soften the hearts of the people in his community in Normandy, France. Check out the Church Planter of the Week Update on our Facebook or Instagram for more details.
2. Come join us @9:30am Sunday morning to pray for our service, our leaders, and our congregation. Meet us in room 1108 !
How to Serve
1. Participate in the Norfolk Mission Trip on August 25-26 to support to our recently planted church, Pillar Norfolk. During this trip, our team will play a crucial role in offering childcare for a Parents Night Out outreach event, designed for military families in the Norfolk community. Sign up HERE. If you’re unable to join the team but still wish to contribute to the mission, you can make a difference by donating restaurant gift cards, which will be given to parents during the event.
How to Prepare
1. Our Greatest Hits summer sermon series continues this Sunday in Isaiah 40:31. I encourage you to read the passage this week!
What to Know
1. Thrive Women: Save the date for our women’s ministry kickoff event! Join us for dinner and a pool party on August 19 @5:30 pm at The Craft Home (4378 Spillway Ln. Dumfries, VA). Sign up HERE. Contact Annie Garman if you have questions ([email protected]).
2. This Sunday (August 20) is Military Welcome Sunday. This service is all about letting military service members and their families know that we are a church that gets their unique experience and seeks to have a meaningful connection. Help us engage these families by joining us for a lunch catered by Mission BBQ immediately following the service. ALL are welcome! Invite your fellow service members by sharing our flyer in person and through social media.
3. Download the Church Center App to stay up to date on the church calendar, give online, and view ministry updates.
“You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”
– Psalm 16:11