Hello Pillar Family!
Thank you for your support in making Sports & Arts Camp a success! Your service was a profound blessing to our community, our church and me. Multiple new families of campers attended on Sunday. We will pray for opportunities to invest in these connections going forward. Because of God’s blessing of your efforts, I could end every one of these sentences with an exclamation point! As summer comes to an end, learn how you can continue in prayer, service, and preparation in the update below.
How to Pray
1. Pray for an open door for gospel advancement at Pillar Norfolk. Check out the Church Planter of the Week Update on our Facebook or Instagram for more details.
2. Come join us @9:30am Sunday morning to pray for our service, our leaders, and our congregation. Meet us in room 1108 !
How to Serve
1. Support our recent church plant Pillar Norfolk by joining the Norfolk Mission Trip – August 25-26. This team will be providing childcare for a Parents Night Out outreach to military families in the Norfolk community. Sign up HERE. If you would like to support the mission but cannot attend, consider donating restaurant gift cards to give to parents at the event.
How to Prepare
1. Our Greatest Hits summer sermon series continues this Sunday in Luke 10:25-42. I encourage you to read the passage this week!
What to Know
1. Join us for our Pillar Pool Party at WaterWorks Waterpark in Dale City this Sunday, August 13th from 6:30-8:30pm! We’ve got the whole pool to ourselves to enjoy the last part of summer together! Outside food is allowed. Cost is $5/person ($20 max/family) & Children 2 and under have free admission. Children’s Ministry Volunteers and their families get in for FREE! No registration is necessary.
2. Thrive Women: Save the date for our women’s ministry kickoff event! Join us for dinner and a pool party on August 19 @5:30 pm at The Craft Home in Montclair. Sign up HERE. Contact Annie Garman if you have questions ([email protected]).
3. At Pillar, we know moving can be challenging, but finding a new church doesn’t have to be! August 20 is Military Welcome Sunday. This upcoming service is all about letting military service members and their families know that we are a church that gets their unique experience and seeks to have a meaningful connection. Mission BBQ will be served immediately following the service! Invite your fellow service members by sharing our flyer in person and through social media.
4. Download the Church Center App to stay up to date on the church calendar, give online, and view ministry updates.
“But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”
– Mathew 6:33