Hello Pillar Family!
It is a full week in the life of our church! Learn how you can connect in prayer, service, and preparation.
How to Pray
1. Pray for Pillar Havelock to be equipped with insight and boldness to reach Marine Corps Base Cherry Point.
2. Pray a blessing over our foster-care and adoption families as we prepare for the Freezer Meal Drop Off this Sunday. Ask that our church would be marked by devotion to loving orphans and foster-children.
3. Come join us 9:30am Sunday morning to pray for our service, our leaders, and our congregation. Meet us in room 1108 !
How to Serve
1. This Sunday is a wonderful opportunity to support the ministry of adoption and foster care. Project 1:27 aims to create a meal resource for adoption and foster-care families inside and outside of our church. By participating in the Frozen Meal Drop Off, you can add to our growing “pantry” of ready-made meals for these families. Prepare, freeze, and bring your frozen dish to Sunday service to contribute to this effort! Contact Lauren Welch for more details. ([email protected])
2. Join the Pillar Sports & Arts Camp team by volunteering your evenings from July 31st – August 6th. No sports experience is required to be a help! Volunteer your heart for our Dumfries community by filling out THIS FORM. Be sure to sign up your children as campers HERE before camper registration fills up!
How to Prepare
1. Our Greatest Hits summer sermon series continues this Sunday in 2 Corinthians 12:9. I encourage you to read the full chapter this week!
What to Know
1. The Iceland Missions Team are offering a preview of their STEM Classes a fundraiser for their upcoming missions trip! Join them in the Church Office on Friday, July 14th @ 10am-12pm.
2. To learn about how you can support the Iceland Missions Team, join their Information Session in the Church Office on Saturday, July 15th @ 1-3pm. Attendees will also be taught how to play “Hnefatafl”, an ancient Viking strategy game played in northern Europe before chess was introduced.
3. Teen Helper Breakfast is this Sunday before service @ 9:30-10:15am. Enjoy fellowship conversation with the Children’s Ministry and get tips on working with kids. RSVP to Lydia Ramseyer. → (815)-674-7243
4. The young adults of Pillar will be hitting the beach at Aquia Landing Park after church this Sunday @ 1:30pm! Pizza will be provided. Bring your swimsuit, towel, and any preferred beach activities (Spike ball, volleyball, frisbee, football, etc). Contact Lila Brown for more details. ([email protected])
5. Charles Spurgeon once described prayer meetings as “the lungs of the church.” Mark your calendar to join us at the Church Office for Prayer & Praise next Tuesday, July 18th @ 6:30pm.
6. Download the Church Center App to stay up to date on the church calendar, give online, and view ministry updates.
“The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.”
– Psalm 121:8