If you weren’t able to make it to Church on Sunday
We wouldn’t want you to miss anything!!
- ManDown Weekend: Our Men’s retreat is coming Oct 27-28. This is a great opportunity to gather with other men and to link arms in the pursuit of a life of service. There will be a variety of outdoor recreational activities Saturday including hiking, spelunking, chess, archery, and more. The weekend will provide the opportunity to see old friends within our network as well as make new ones. Register at www.mandownweekend.weebly.com
- Baby Dedication: a baby dedication/parenting class will be held on Sunday, November 5th from 9:00-10:00 am. This class is open to anyone who is interested in learning about baby dedications and raising children biblically. This class is a pre-requisite for dedicating your child/ren on November 19th. Register at pillardumfries.com
- Jesse Tree Ornament Exchange: The Jesse Tree is an Advent journey that seeks to tell the story of God’s redemptive plan for the world through 25 symbolic ornaments from the Bible. Sign up to make one of the ornaments and duplicate it 25 times. On November 30th, we will have a party where we exchange all of the completed ornaments and you go home with a complete set for Advent. Sign up is at the children’s check-in table.
- Operation Christmas Child (OCC), a Samaritan’s Purse evangelism ministry, is kicking off at Pillar on October 1st. OCC partners with local churches and missionaries to distribute 12 million shoe boxes to children in over 100 countries around the world. Last year, Pillar contributed 150 shoe boxes and this year we will have 200 to pass out. Cary & Amy Taylor will be handing out empty boxes near the welcome table and collecting full boxes. Remember November 12th is the last Sunday to get boxes back so we can take them to the drop off.
- The CareNet Banquet, CareNet’s major fund-raising event, will be at 7 P.M. on Nov. 10th at the Westfields Marriott. The highlights are the testimonies of the clients who have been helped by the ministry during the past year. For more information about CareNet, go to voice4life.org. Contact Cary or Amy Taylor at [email protected] if you wish to attend.
Click here to listen or watch Sunday’s message