If you weren’t able to make it to Church on Sunday
We wouldn’t want you to miss anything!!
Announcements (We had a lot this week!)
- Group Life: Come learn more about Pillar Church at our Group Life Course on October from 2-5pm. Location TBD. Contact James Ramseyer if you are interested at [email protected]
- Ladies Game Night: Thrive will be hosting a Ladies Game Night at the Quantico Chapel Annex (Embry Loop Quantico, VA) from 6:30-8:00 PM on Saturday, October 21st. Please bring your favorite snack or appetizer and join us for a night of games, food and fun! Child care is provided.
- Quantico Fire Pit Night: October 15 from 5:30-7:30pm. Roast a hotdog over the fire and spend time with your Pillar family at Raftelis Potomac River Park in Quantico. There will be a light meal, yard games, activities for kids, and s’mores! Please contact Lydia Ramseyer if you have a fire pit that we could use for the evening.
- Baby Dedication: a baby dedication/parenting class will be held on Sunday, November 5th from 9:00-10:00 am. This class is open to anyone who is interested in learning about baby dedications and raising children biblically. This class is a pre-requisite for dedicating your child/ren on November 19th. Register at pillardumfries.com
- Operation Christmas Child (OCC), a Samaritan’s Purse evangelism ministry, is kicking off at Pillar on October 1st. OCC partners with local churches and missionaries to distribute 12 million shoe boxes to children in over 100 countries around the world. Last year, Pillar contributed 150 shoe boxes and this year we will have 200 to pass out. Cary & Amy Taylor will be handing out empty boxes near the welcome table and collecting full boxes. Remember November 12th is the last Sunday to get boxes back so we can take them to the drop off.
- The CareNet Banquet, CareNet’s major fund-raising event, will be at 7 P.M. on Nov. 10th at the Westfields Marriott. The highlights are the testimonies of the clients who have been helped by the ministry during the past year. For more information about CareNet, go to voice4life.org. Contact Cary or Amy Taylor at [email protected] if you wish to attend.
We would also like to welcome the Crafts as new members at Pillar!
Click here to listen or watch Sunday’s message