Full-Time/Support-Raised Missionary Staff
Description of Role: A Praetorian Project Missionary works under the leadership of a local Praetorian Project Church giving a full-time focus to marketplace evangelism and discipleship in a military context.
Title of Role: Praetorian Project Missionary – Pillar Church of Dumfries
Time Expectations: Full Time Hours arranged for maximum effectiveness
1. Missionary Staff meet the requirements necessary for ministry licensing and staff positions at Pillar Church.
2. The supported staff members trust the Lord to raise funds equivalent to their pay plus expenses.
3. Missionary Staff remain members in good standing of their Praetorian Project Member Church.
4. Missionary Staff complete job specific training in evangelism, discipleship, and Praetorian Project communications.
1. Execute a plan to effectively reach and disciple individuals and families at The Basic School using Pillar Church members and resources.
2. Execute a plan to effectively reach and disciple individuals and families attending Expeditionary Warfare School using Pillar Church members and resources.
3. Partner with Pillar Church Leaders to position Life Groups in neighborhoods on Quantico and south of the base.
4. Execute a plan to effectively reach and disciple enlisted Marines living in the Barracks using Pillar Church members and resources.
5. Maintain productive relationships with key members of the Chaplaincy assigned to Quantico.
6. Reach Military Service Members and their families with the Gospel.
7. Help connect outgoing individuals and families with other Praetorian Project churches.
1. Be proactive about your areas of responsibility and initiate key activities.
2. Live and work in accordance with the membership expectations and constitution of Pillar Church.
3. Be flexible and ready to meet the unexpected needs of the mission.
4. Model a spirit of humility in relation to other staff, members, and the community at large.
5. Consult with leadership to maintain financial viability.
6. Prioritize sharing the gospel.
7. Engage in personal discipleship.
8. Attend Pillar Church Elder meetings scheduled for the fourth Monday of each month at 6:30 pm and as needed.
Interested in finding out more?
Send us an email at [email protected]